The Steering Committee of the Liberia One Health Coordination Platform sits at the national level, headed by the Minister of Health, who manages the overall ONE HEALTH PLATFORM and ensure that its efforts are encouraging progress towards the Platform objectives and functions.
The Committee is Co-chair by the Minister of Agriculture and the Executive Director of the Environmental Protection Agency, as 1st Co-Chairperson and 2nd Co-Chairperson respectively.
As part of its functions, the OHP Steering Committee promotes institutional development to include coordinating resource mobilization for preparedness, risk and vulnerability reduction among Government and other implementing partners. It is also charged with the responsibility to conduct joint evaluation/assessments within major line ministries and agencies; institutionalize the One Health approach to address any public health event and/or pandemic that poses health threats and ensure that appropriate measures are taken for the prevention of events, or the mitigation of their effects, and for capacity building for effective response to events.
The OHP Steering Committee is also responsible for fostering collaboration among stakeholders and trigger response mechanism through the activation of the Incident Management System (action Plan); facilitating joint rapid event assessment and its impact within 24 hours and document impacts, produce situation reports, recommend necessary actions, and communicate information to all stakeholders; reactivating and/or establishing various pillars of the incident management system for effective coordination and response led by the responsible sector to be managed by experienced persons with clear roles and responsibilities, and evaluate the event and its operations.
The OHP Steering Committee is charged to generate post event reports within a quarter after official declaration of the end of the event; secure all the government and other properties/assets used in the event; carry out a detailed needs and risk assessments for rehabilitation, recovery and reconstruction; and develop activity plans linked to human health, animal/wildlife health, and the environment.
At the same time, the OHP Steering Committee is responsible for endorsing the creation of an additional Technical Working Group (TWG) recommended by the Technical Committee (TC), and promulgate policies, guidelines or standard operating procedures that govern the implementation of the One Health Platform. (Reference the Governance Manual, 2nd Edition for more).
- National Public Health Institute of Liberia – Coordinating Institute/Secretary
- Forestry Development Authority
- Ministry of Finance and Development Planning
- Ministry of Justice
- Ministry of Commerce & Industry
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Ministry of Information, Cultural Affairs & Tourism
- Ministry of Internal Affairs
- Ministry of Gender, Social and Children Protection
- Ministry of Public Works
- National Fisheries and Aquaculture Authority
- Water Sanitation and Hygiene Commission
- University of Liberia
- 14. Cottington University College
- Tubman University
- World Health Organization
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention
- US Agency for International Development
- Food and Agriculture Organization
- International Organization for Migration
- World Bank
- European Union
- Inter-Religious Council of Liberia
- National Civil Society Coalition
- Liberia Health Professions Council
- Press union of Liberia
- Vice President, Republic of Liberia – Ex-officio